Gayatri Puja is one of the three supreme Deities of Hinduism. Gayatri Puja is the creator and His consort is Goddess Gayatri, who is an incarnation of Goddess Saraswasti, the Goddess of learning and knowledge. … Conducting the Brahma Gayatri Puja and Yajna is highly recommended to devotees who seek knowledge and wisdom.
Gayatri Devi is the universal divine mother. She is regarded the mother of the sacred vedas and remains the divine energy that animates all things. Gayatri is actually the name of a vedic hymn, well known as Gayatri Mantra, which is regarded the most sacred.
Gayatri Puja Is One Of The Most Prestigious Puja Carried Out By The Hindus. It’s Dedicated To Goddess Gayatri And Is Performed To Seek The Blessings. A Yagna That Will Keep One Safe From All The Problems Often Accompanies This gayatri puja. It Is Also Believed To Enlighten Your Mind And Help You Achieve All The Splendor.
The Gayatri Mantra is one of the most powerful Mantras dedicated to the Mother of the Vedas and the Goddess of the five elements. The Mantra is a part of the Rig Veda’s third Mandala which has 62 hymns. The reason why Goddess Gayatri holds such an esteemed position is that she represents infinite knowledge. Gayatri mantra was known to improve the intelligence . Research reported that chanting of mantras has positive impact on both physiological and psychological functions of the body . Chanting increases the blood supply to the areas of the brain which are concerned with the memory.
Mantras are positive words or phrases. When you chant mantras your mind releases the positive energy that decreases the negative thoughts or stress. Scientific studies have found that chanting mantras like om for 10 minutes can decrease anxiety and depressive symptoms in the human body.
Lyrics of the Gayatri Mantra in Sanskrit
It will help you in the correct pronunciation of the letters.
ॐ भूर् भुवः स्वः ।
भर्गो॑ देवस्य धीमहि ।
धियो यो नः प्रचोदयात् ॥
Lyrics of Gayatri Mantra in English
Om bhūr bhuvaḥ svaḥ
tat savitur vareṇyaṃ
bhargo devasya dhīmahi
dhiyo yo naḥ prachodayāt
Translation of the Gayatri Mantra:
OM. Here’s meditating upon the one who governs the universe, to illuminate our minds by eliminating ignorance. We meditate upon the Ishwar, the one who sustains life. Enlighten us.
Benefits of chanting the Gayatri Mantra
- Regular chanting of the Gayatri Mantra shall help you focus.
- It helps in realising that there’s a higher force working round the clock to help life sustain on the earth.
- It develops a sense of gratitude towards the universe that we all are a part of.
- By chanting the Gayatri Mantra, one can rid his mind and body of toxins. Thus, the sacred Mantra helps a person in cleansing his mind and body.
- Chanting of the Mantra regulates the vital organs and helps in their better functioning. Nonetheless, faith and perseverance matter a lot. Therefore, by chanting the Mantra with utmost devotion, one can reap benefits.
- The Mantra helps people attain Moksha by liberating them from their Karmas.